Life Insurance, Disability and Accident Insurance
Available for Full-Time Krispy Kremers
Protect yourself and your family against life’s more unpleasant twists and turns.
Krispy Kreme provides you with basic life insurance equal to 1.5 times your annual base pay at no cost to you through Prudential. You can also purchase additional supplemental life insurance and/or whole life insurance for yourself and your spouse and/or child(ren).
- Supplemental life insurance: You can elect additional coverage for yourself equal to one, two, three or four times your annual base pay (up to $1.2 million combined between supplemental and basic).
- Dependent life insurance: You can purchase coverage for your spouse equal to $5,000, $10,000 or $25,000 (up to 50% of the total amount of your life insurance that you elect through Krispy Kreme, whichever is less), which includes coverage for all dependent children. Coverage for dependent children is equal to $2,500 for each child ($1,000 for each child who is younger than six months but is at least 14 days old).
Disability insurance allows you to receive a portion of your paycheck while you’re out on short- or long-term disability. You’re eligible for disability coverage after six months following your date of hire.
- If you’re a salaried Krispy Kremer, Krispy Kreme provides you with both short-term and long-term disability at no cost to you. Short-term disability pays 100% of your base pay for the first 13 weeks and 60% of your base pay for the next 13 weeks. Long-term disability (LTD) coverage pays benefits if your disability continues beyond the 26-week period.
- If you’re an hourly Krispy Kremer, you can elect short-term disability (STD) coverage and long-term disability (LTD) coverage. If you’re out on disability, STD pays 60% of your base pay for up to six months of disability (up to $500 per week). If your disability continues beyond six months, the LTD plan begins to pay benefits. You may be eligible to receive 60% of your base pay (up to $1,516.67 per month).
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
You can help protect yourself and your family with accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage available through Prudential. For yourself, you may elect coverage in increments of $10,000, up to the lesser of $500,000 or 10 times your annual pay.
If you choose AD&D coverage for yourself, you can also choose AD&D coverage for your family:
- If you’re married with children, your spouse may be covered for 40% of your full amount, and each child for 10% of your full amount.
- If you’re married without children, your spouse may be covered for 50% of your full amount.
- If you don’t have a spouse, your children may each be covered for 15% of your full amount.
Group Accident Insurance
Group accident insurance pays a benefit for the treatment of injuries you or a covered dependent suffers as a result of a covered accident. This benefit is paid to you regardless of any other health insurance benefits you receive. This insurance is different from AD&D insurance, which only provides a benefit if you or a covered family member has certain dismembering injuries or dies in a covered accident. This coverage is provided through Prudential.
2022 Weekly Paycheck Contributions
|Employee + spouse||$4.50|
|Employee + children||$4.55|
|Employee + family||$6.41|